Film / video /photo shooting or press visits in Indonesia may be carried out after an approval from the authorities concerned has been obtained. For approval and visa, the following must be submitted to the Information Function of the Embassy or the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia It is strongly advised to send application at least 30 days before departure to Indonesia1. Cover Letter to the Embassy or the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia.
2. Summary of the company, the crews and their positions (one person one copy).
3. Personal history (one person one copy).
4. Crew List.
5. Synopsis of the project to be filmed.
6. Schedule and locations of shooting.
7. List of equipments.
8. Statement (one person one copy).
9. Copies of passports of the foreign personnel involved (in colored, one person one copy).
10. Local Coordinator / Fixer / Production Service Company (Bali Satria Film is holding a license issued by the Ministry of Education and Culture c.q. Center of Film Development)
Application forms and statement can be requested to Indonesian Embassy or Consulate General office near your area.
- Each application is subject to administrative examination the Government of Indonesia.
- In this regard, the Ministry of Education and Culture c.q. the Center of Film Development will be the issuer of permits for filming in Indonesia, and will provide assistance during the production of the film in Indonesia
- Approval or refusal of such application shall be decided at least 7 (seven) working days after the completion of all requirements.
- It is advisable that you have a local partner/coordinator/FIXER (Bali Satria Film) in Indonesia to do your filming project.
- For filming in certain areas, the Center of Film Development may require the foreign company to be accompanied by an appointed supporting team, to ensure the smoothness of the film production. These areas are to be determined by the Center of Film Development.
- The foreign company is obligated to submit a copy of & the production in the form of Betacam video cassette / DVD to the Government of Indonesia, c.q. The Embassy or The Consulate General of The Republic of Indonesia and the Ministry of Education and Culture, to be used for non-commercial only.
- Crews of the foreign companies while conducting activities within the jurisdiction of Indonesia, is required to respect the local norms and traditions, as well as to comply with the prevailing laws and regulations.
- Shooting Film at the Natural Reserve needs special permit (SIMAKSI) from the Directorate General for Natural Protection and Conservation, Ministry of Forestry.
Journalist & Procedures for Filming in Papua
1. All the documents stated above for Journalist Visa
2. Additional requirements :
* List of places to be visited/shoot.
* List of people to be visited/shoot/interviewed.
* If conducting interview, it is required to submit the list of question.
* Confirmation letter/recommendation letter from the related institution in Papua to received the visit of the Journalist.
3. Approval or refusal of such application shall be decided at least 2 weeks or more after the completion of all requirements.
4. If the application is approved, please be advised that for security and wellbeing of the journalist, the journalist may be accompanied by the relevant institution (if deemed necessary).